The trials, tribulations and nonsensical babbling of a triathlete training for her first Ironman.

Monday, May 01, 2006

The Exhaustion Continues

Once again, I feel like I haven't had enough sleep. Yet I went to bed at 8:45 pm last night (SAD!!!) and got up at 6:00 am. Perhaps I got too much sleep (personally I don't think there is such a thing but apparently one can over sleep). My allergies have been particularly bad this year as well so I wake up during the night sneezing which doesn't help.
We have one more week of hard workouts (I think this week is close to 16 hours) and then we have an easy week. THANK GOD! This past weekend was insane. We had a 5 hour 15 min bike scheduled but had to cut it short so I could get out to Leslie and York Mills to get re-fit on my tri bike. I rode 4 hours and 35 minutes. It was really really windy and I was totally punched by the time I got back to the car. We missed our swim on Tuesday morning so we did it yesterday. I got to the gym for 8:00 am, was in the pool 5 minutes later, swam my 3000 meters, got out, showered, threw on my running stuff and did a 2 hour run home. My legs felt like they were encased in cement they were so heavy. Tonight I have a physio appointment and we have to grocery shop. arg. Tuesday morning we're back at it again at 4:30 am. And, I have to get my tri bike in somewhere this week to get the headset tightened because they forgot to do that on Saturday. I am counting down the days till the insanity stops!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home