The trials, tribulations and nonsensical babbling of a triathlete training for her first Ironman.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Waking up and smelling the coffee

When I started training for this, I had set myself a time goal--a somewhat challenging one, but one that I thought I was capable of. Now, 3 months out from the race, I am re-thinking that goal. I think it might have been a bit ambitious for a first Ironman. I don't doubt my athletic abilities but I don't want to have that goal hanging over my head and potentially ruining my first Ironman experience. My entire family is going to be there watching, so is Gary's family and so are our friends. I want to enjoy my day and enjoy the experience. That doesn't mean that I'm not going to push myself out on the course. Au contraire mes amis, I will, you can be sure of that. If I make my goal, then great, that will be the icing on the cake. But first and foremost, I want to get to the finish line, regardless of time and satisfied that I gave it my best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home