The trials, tribulations and nonsensical babbling of a triathlete training for her first Ironman.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Pretzels anyone?

On Friday night, myself and 5 of "Les Tri-Filles" went to an Ashtanga Yoga class at this great little studio on the Danforth. I had never been to a class like this so I was a little apprehensive. It was AMAZING. It was a fantastic workout. Some of it was easy, some if it was very challenging. I found out that I absolutely cannot balance on my right leg, my left leg, however, seems to be much stronger. Probably from all those years of playing soccer. The instructor had us twisting and turning every which way--I felt like a human pretzel. I knew I was flexible but some of the stuff I was able to do really surprised me (like fold my hands into a prayer pose behind me!) All of the girls had a great time and we'll probably do it again. It was such a good workout that I was sore the next morning (at least my ribs were). I felt a little rough when I got up (probably from the half pint of beer I had--PATHETIC!) and it took me a little while to get warmed up on the bike, but once I got going I felt fantastic. I had a 3 hour workout--2 hour bike, followed by a 1 hour run all at Ironman pace. This was probably the best workout I have had in a long time. I felt amazing. My HR was relatively low on the run and my nutrition seemed to be bang on. Finally a breakthrough!! I think my head is finally getting in to the right place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home