The trials, tribulations and nonsensical babbling of a triathlete training for her first Ironman.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Musings

2 weeks until my birthday. I'm going to be 35. Good LORD I am "officially" in my mid-thirties. ugh. I guess I'm "all grown up" now. Or at least I should be. But I don't feel like it. Sure I have more responsibilities and sure I think I"m becoming more and more like my parents with every passing day (say it isn't so!!!!) but I still don't FEEL like I'm 35. Just reinforces the fact that age really is just a number. When I was a teenager I used to imagine myself as being very "grown up" at 35. I thought I'd be a famous artist or a fashion designer or have some other "FABULOUS" career. How that has changed! I now manage people & money, look after schedules & budgets, and play a small role in the dog and pony show that is the world of Advertising. It's not where I thought I'd be, but it's not a bad place to be either. I work in a fantastic studio, with great people AND I don't have to dress up for work (woohoo!) Sure it gets INSANE sometimes and there are the odd few days where I hate my job (usually when I'm so busy I can't even stop to go to the bathroom) but I think everyone has those days. Tis the nature of "working for the man".

To mark the arrival of my mid-30's, I decided to take on the Ironman. I marked the entrance into my 30's by running a marathon so for 35, the Ironman was the next logical step. I suppose I could have waited for 40 but the hubby and I would really like to have kids and well, I'm not getting any younger so, I'm making the journey now. I'm not sure what I'll do for 40 but I've got another 5 years to think about it. 8)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home